In 2015, 195 volunteers have provided 9,018 hours of service valuing $360,000 in patient care thanks to our dedicated volunteers and partners! Thank you for your generosity to our staff and patients!
Interested in Volunteering?
If you are interested in any of the following volunteer opportunities, please contact our Volunteer Manager, Meagan Stanfill, at firstname.lastname@example.org. As a general rule, we ask for a 4 hour per week commitment for 4-6 months since it takes a fair amount of time to train our volunteers properly. Internships and externships are offered as they are available. Thank you for your interest in helping Good Samaritan Health Center of Cobb!
Due to the high volume of patient visits, we are unable to provide physician or dentist shadowing opportunities at this time.
Georgia Composite Board of Medical Examiners and the Georgia Board of Dentistry Adopt Rule Changes for Continuing Education Credits for Volunteers
The Composite State Board of Medical Examiners and the Georgia Board of Dentistry adopted proposed rule changes for continuing education credits. The Medical Board voted to waive one hour CME requirement for physicians for each four hours of documented work volunteering at a non-profit agency which provides medical services to indigent patients, such as charitable clinics. Physicians may earn up to 10 hrs of CME credits per biennium.
The Dental Board approved up to ten hours of continuing education per biennium. Dentists may receive one hour of CE for every four hours of volunteer work. In order to receive the waiver, the physicians and dentists shall submit to the appropriate Board, the documentation of the work at the time of their license renewal.
Dentists and Doctors, volunteer your time and talents to help those in need and receive credit toward your continuing education. For more information email email@example.com.
In case of Inclement Weather, Good Sam Cobb is on the same weather advisory as Cobb County Schools. If Cobb County Schools are closed, we are closed; if Cobb County Schools are delayed, we are as well.
Because of our wonderful volunteers, Good Sam Cobb is able to provide quality healthcare to thousands of people. Volunteers serve during various shifts in our clinic Mondays through Thursdays from 7:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.and Fridays from 7:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. as healthcare professionals, support staff, lab techs, dental assistants, hygienists, business and front office assistants, interpreters and more. We also have special project volunteer opportunities. We would love to give you a tour of our center! Please contact Meagan Stanfill at firstname.lastname@example.org. to schedule.
Current Needs of the Center
- Ongoing need for healthcare professionals: Primary Care Physicians and Dentists can volunteer in the clinic once a month or more. Most shifts are 4 hours, and we will be happy to work around your schedule.
- Specific need for Ophthalmologist, Endocrinologist, Psychiatrist/Psycologist, Periodontist, Endodontist, OB/GYN and GI Specialists
- Special event planning assistance and donations.
Click on the job title below to see an expanded job description. If you would like to volunteer, please email Meagan Stanfill, Volunteer Manager at email@example.com to discuss available opportunities. Please be aware that if we receive more applications than we have volunteer opportunities available, your name will be added to a wait list, and you will be contacted as soon as an opportunity becomes available.
We have hundreds of patients that have prayer requests and need someone to contact them. Our Spiritual Health Program and Prayer Room gives patients an opportunity to visit with a trained volunteer to learn more about God and having personal relationship with Christ, finding a church, or simply praying with someone. We also are in need of bilingual prayer room volunteers. Email Meagan Stanfill at firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in learning more about becoming part of our Prayer Team.
- Disease Management Specialist: Nurses, pharmacists, etc. who are experienced in the areas of disease management such as diabetes management programs, smoking cessation programs, etc.
- Licensed Practical Nurse: Provide nursing care for patients following established standards and practices under the supervision of medical staff.
- Medical Assistant: Assist providers with patient care and provide information to patients so they may fully utilize and benefit from Good Sam Cobb services.
- Nurse Practitioner: Provide direct primary care services under the indirect supervision of Good Sam Cobb physicians.
- Phlebotomist: Perform venipuncture on patients.
- Physical Therapist: Provide patient care including assessing, interpreting, planning, and implementing special physical therapy treatments.
- Primary Care Physician: Provide medical care while leading the care team and dispensing medications as needed.
- Specialty Physician: Provide specialty medical care as it pertains to the individuals area of expertise while leading the care team and dispensing medications as needed.
- Registered Nurse: Provide nursing care for patients following established standards and practices under the supervision of medical staff.
- Translator/Interpreter: Translate patient documents and interpret for patients on the phone and in the office. Especially need Spanish interpreters.
- Dentist: Provide dental care to patients while leading the care team.
- Dental Hygienist: Provide dental hygiene care to clinic patients under supervision of dental staff.
- Dental Assistant: Assist dentists with care of clinic patients.
- Dental Specialists: Provide specialty care as appropriate to area of expertise.
- Diabetes Educator: Develop and teach educational classes related to diabetes management to individuals and/or groups.
- Dietary Educator: Develop and teach weight management classes to individuals and/or groups.
- Christian Counselor: Provide Biblically-based outpatient psychosocial therapy in the clinic.
- Psychologist: Provide Biblically-based outpatient psychosocial therapy in the clinic.
- Social Worker: Provide Biblically-based counseling and social services.
- Front Office Assistant: Greet patients, confirm patient appointments and addresses, provide information, communicate with departments, and schedule patient appointments.
- Back Office Assistant: File, make copies, create new patient charts, type correspondence, assist with mailings, data entry.
- Special events
- Corporate sponsorships
- Marketing and PR with churches, businesses, and media
- Web Design Assistance
Dispensary Assistant: Assist with shelf reorganization, patient assistance program forms and data entry, ordering and sorting medications, and inventory data.
- Use your gifts to help provide for the patients at Good Sam. We love volunteers to use their creativity for the Lord! Everyone has something they can give. We welcome the unique gifts of music, cooking, car washes, party planning, sports, photography, sewing, letter writing, and more. We are open to your ideas and ways we can partner together.
- Perform short-term special projects as needed by staff or other volunteers
- Gift Bags: Create "Healthcare Kits" for new patients to the clinic.
- Devotion Leader: Lead the morning devotion with the staff and patients.
- Landscaping: Perform various projects as needed.
- Other projects as needed. Email Meagan Stanfill, Volunteer Manager for questions or ideas at email@example.com.